Stephen's List of Mushing Suppliers
This is my list of mushing suppliers. Where possible, I have annoted the list with a commentary on
what is sold, if I have ever used them or not, etc. I also rated the quality, availability, and selection
of supplies available, if I have ever used them. The rating system is simple. Four starts [****] is the
best. One star [*] is the worst. No rating  means just that -- I don't have a rating because I have
no personal experience with the company. The list below is in random order.
Note that not all of the suppliers listed have websites. Even though everyone has a website these
days, it is certainly not needed to get a listing here.
Note:If a supplier is listed here, it means that at a minimum I have examined their website and
felt it would be useful to post here. It does not mean I have tried any of the produts sold by the
supplier nor should a listing here be viewed as an endorsement. Caveat emptor.
- Cold Spot Feeds & Mushing Supplies[****]
- In the past they were also known as the Real Alaska Mushing Company (RAMCO), however they no longer use this name. This is a Fairbanks based
company that sells a lot of mushing equipment, food, and so on. I use
them frequently and find their quality and service outstanding. Note, however, that
they now have a minimum order required for shipment outside of Alaska. They plan an updated
website this summer (summer 2000) that will offer the "e-commerce works" (shopping baskets,
secure credit card ordering, etc). Email is email@example.com.
- Nordkyn [***]
- I've not ordered from them, but I know people that have and I've heard nothing but positive things.
- Dogsledding Tours of the Brooks Range 
- Winterlake Lodge along the Iditarod Trail 
- Boundary Country Trekking 
- Dogsled tours and mushing in MN
- Wolf Packs Catalog 
- Black Ice [****]
- I have bought many things from Black Ice over the years and have always been happy
with the quality. In fact, many years ago (too many!) I bought my first dog sled from them.
- Chinookwind Outfitters
- Lorrie McAllister, proprieter. Lots of stuff
for the working dog.
- Custom Wood Services
- 182 Hoadley RD. Potsdam, NY 13676. Phone 315.265.1404. Fax 315.265.5781. No catalog
(print or HTML). They build dog sleds, custom dog boxes, snow hooks, etc. Also sell other
dog supplies. Irv & Beth Baxter.
- Prairie Dog Supply
- Manitoba based.
- Sacco-Sports Online
- PO BOX 837, Campton, NH 03223. Tel firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4108 Hwy. 93N, Kalispell, MT 59901. (406) 752-2929 Sleds, harnesses & equipment.
- Alpine Outfitters[**]
- PO Box 245, Roy, WA 98580. (206) 843-2767 Stock & custom harnesses, modular
cablelines, skijoring, sleds, carts, etc.
- Artic Star Dog Sled Company
- Johnn Molburg, RR #4 Box 381, Tyrone, PA 16686. (814) 684-3594. Sleds.
- Dog Equipment, Inc.
- 1205 East Logan, Moberly, MO 65270. (816) 263-5533. Over 30 styles of fiberglass
trailers, boxes & toppers from 2 to 10 compartments.
- The Dog House
- 9229 U.S. 41 South, Skandia, MI 49885. (906) 942-7393. Dealer for Sawtooth
Mountain sleds & Windigo Outfitters, QCR, assorted hardware, accessories, canine & outdoor publications
- Frank and Nettie Hall[***]
- 5875 McCrum Rd., Jackson, MI 49201. (517) 782-1786. FAX: (517) 782-0191. Dog
sleds (beginner to professional) and rigs, harnesses, ganglines, videos, books, etc.
- Ikon Outfitters, Ltd.[**]
- 7597 Latham Road, Lodi, WI 53555-9526. (608) 592-4397.
- Kaleb's Kart Co.
- Ernst Hediger, W. 5770 Wildwood Rd., Neillsville, WI 54456. (715) 743-2465.
Skijoring and other mushing equipment.
- Kema Sleds & Equipment
- Mile 2.2 Wasilla-Fishhook Rd., P.O. Box 870415, Wasilla, AK 99687. (907) 376-5523.
Sleds, harnesses, ganglines, rope, snaps, QCR .
- KHIVA Outfitters[**]
- 1256C Poplar Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-8619. (408) 733-7919. Phone orders:
8 am -10 pm PST. Carts, rigs, sleds, clothing, collectibles, books.
- Konari Outfitters, Ltd.[**]
- 52 Seymour St., Middlebury, VT 05753. (802) 388-7447. Harnesses, books, sledding
gear. [Editorial comment: This was the first place I bought any mushing equipment from back in
- Kondos Outdoors[**]
- HC1, Box 3108, Ely, MN 55731. Phone/FAX: (218) 365-4189. Harnesses, sprint &
long distance sledbags, polyethylene rope in 500' spools, collars, collars, hardware,
- Lead Dog Supplies
- 2269 Lisa Ln., Fairbanks, AK 99712. (907) 488-4135. Arctic headlamps, ganglines,
picket lines, aluminum brakes, snowhooks
- Never Summer Sled Dog Equipment[***]
- P.O. Box 1227, LaPorte, CO 80535. Phone/FAX: (303) 224-5354. Equipment for
mushing, skijoring & weightpulling; will custom design equipment
- Nordkyn Outfitters[***]
- P.O. Box 1023, Graham, WA 98338. (206) 847-4128. Orders only: (800) 326-4128.
Sleds, lines, bags, collars, harnesses; freight/weight pull, cart, tracking,
pulk -- custom sizes; prints, jewelry, books
- Pet-Tech International
- 2144 Primrose Ave., Vista, CA 92083. (619) 599-9759. 3- and 4-wheeled rigs;
custom manufacturing available.
- Resha Sled Dog Equipment[**]
- H.C.#1-M, Box 101, Lewis Run, PA 16738. Phone/FAX: (814) 362-3048. Sledding,
weight pulling, freighting, skijoring equipment, books, videos, collectibles
- Risdon Rigs[****]
- PO Box 127, Laingsburg, MI 48848. (517) 651-6960. Sleds, wheeled rigs,
harnesses, snow hooks, dog bags. One of the most popular sled builders around.
- Sawtooth Mountain Sled Works, Inc.[**]
- HC 86, Box 693 , Grand Marais, MN 55604. (218) 387-2106. FAX: (218) 387-1904
Sleds & bags.
- Snow Trek
- P.O. Box 74171, Fairbanks, AK 99707. (907) 452-7310. In Alaska 1-800-478-8225.
Skijoring equipment & books
- James E. Tofflemire Enterprises
- 3780 Tremont, North Bend, OR 97459. (503) 756-7037. Sand Lynx sled dog
- Tun-Dra Outfitters
- 16438 96th Ave. Nunica, MI 49448. (616) 837-9726. FAX: (616) 837-9517. Books,
sleds, harnesses, outer gear, Iditarod collectibles, etc.
- Windigo Outfitters[**]
- HCR Box 22A, Iron River, WI 54847. (715) 372-8889. "A little bit of everything."
- Woodcraft Unlimited
- Brian Wiese, Rt. 1, Box 96, Solway, MN 56678. (218) 467-3451
- AKKO Dog Equipment
- East: Judith Pearce, P.O./C.P. 977, Hudson, Quebec J0P 1H0, (514) 458-5910.
- West: Mark & Tracy Paffrath, 84 Glendale Way, Cochrane, Alberta T0L 0W3.
- Sledding, carting, tracking, skijoring equipment.
- S.T.K. Sledding Equipment
- Jay Verbeek, R.R. 4, Orillia, Ontario, Canada L3V 6H4. (705) 326-8446.
- Tanzilla Harness Supply
- 407 Alexander St., Whitehorse, Yukon Terr., Canada Y1A 2L8. (403) 668-6350.
FAX: (403) 668-6113. Sled dog gear -- wholesale, retail & mail order.
- PS Sled Dog Equipment
- Am Elisabethheim 71, G-5600 Wuppertal 1, Germany. Phone: 0202-721432. Sleds,
training carts, snow hooks.
- Eastern Hill
- Bergevagen 17, S-830 13 Are, Sweden. Phone/FAX: 0647-535 33.
- Prairie Bilt Sleds
- High-tech sled designs, with some new developments for long distance racing.
Jim Miller,Prairie Bilt Sleds,
Box 68, Page ND 58064. Phone 701-668-2457.
- Alaska Best Wilderness
- Guided tours and specialized expeditions.
- Yukon Exporer
- Guided tours.
- Wolfsong Adventures in Mushing
- Sled dog tours. "Learn to drive your own team with our kennel of 25 Siberians in Northern Wisconsin near Lake Superior."
- Équipements de traîneau à chiens Nordic 
- Complete equipment for sledding and skijoring. email@example.com.
Phone: (450)922-2697. Located in St-amable, Canada.
- Nooksack Racing Suppy
- Full service supplier of dog mushing, skijoring , bikjoring, hiking and
recreational suppies for dog sports. Also dealer of National Dog Food products.
Catalog available, 24 hour fax available 207-539-9681. Visa, MC, Discover and
American Express gladly accepted. firstname.lastname@example.org,
phone (207) 539-4324. Locatated at 202 Mechanic Falls Rd Oxford, ME 04270.
- J & E Tomkins Sled Dog Supplies
- Full line of dog supplies, including harnesses, collars, boties, supplements, hardware,
dog food, and so on. email@example.com, phone
(306) 982-3000. Box 83, Site 1, R.R. #1, Christopher Lake, SK S0J 0N0 Canada.
- 49th Checkpoint Sleds
- An Alaskan-based sled builder. Butch Bologna, 907-892-8105, P.O. Box 520265
Big Lake, Alaska 99652. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oregon Trail of Dreams
- Sled dog rides. Contact Rachael Scdoris, email@example.com
- Full, live, coverage of the Iditarod. Iditarod products. Iditarod photo gallery.
- Canvasback Pet Supplies[**]
- 40 years in the pet supply business, catering to all manner of dog sports. Recommended
by a customer. Phone 1-800-889-6191. Box 398 Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada RiA2B3.
- Arrowhead Fabric Outlet
- Outdoor fabrics, patters, and hardware. Includes dog booties, leg wraps,
dog blankets, dog jackets, collars, leashes, and illuminated dog collars. firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone 218-727-3121. 102 East Central Entrance, Duluth, Mn 55811.
- Absarka Dog Sled Treks
- Dog Sled Treks in Pray, Montana. General public guided day trips into Montna's
backcountry. Also provide a rookies Musher School (students work with their own team of
dogs, cart, 4 wheeler training, and sled). Mark Nardin, MNardin@aol.com.
- Paw Tuck A Way Kennel
- Dog sled rides and tours in northwest Wisconsin. Cliff Maxfield, email@example.com.
Phone 1-715-656-4419. 035 26 lake rd. Danbury Wi. 54830.
- CB Sled
- Basket, toboggan, and custom sleds. Patented design. Contact Carl Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 603-837-2395. 104 Hazen Rd., Whitefield, NH, USA 03598.