Stephen's List of Mushing Links
This is my list of mushing links, that is, personal home pages with mushing content. There
may be a few suppliers here as well, but I generally separate those out and post them
If a link is listed here, it means that at a minimum I have gone to the site and
examined the content a little bit. It does not mean that I have examined the site in detail,
nor should a link here be seen as an endorsement of the site or content therein. I simply means
I took a quick look at the site, and thought others would find it interesting or useful.
- Mushing Magazine
- Mushing Magazine information, back issues, current articles, and so on.
- Sled Dog Central
- Lots and lots of links and information collected into one place.
- Scott Chesney's Home Page
- A friend of mine with a small mushing web page. Lives in Alaska.
- Original Home Page of Robert W. Service
- Robert Service's poens about the North...
- Ballads of a Cheechako
- By Robert W. Service
- The Spell of the Yukon and Other Verses
- By Robert W. Service
- Yukon Quest Home Page
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- The mushing capital of the world?
- Yukon Territory
- Maria Gronberg's Home Page
- Northern Breeds information.
- French Mushing Site
- Home page for Bogeyman25 (don't ask me, that is what it says!). Unfortunately,
his site is messed up, but if you load individual files in his directory listing,
you can get some information. :-)
- Spanish Mushing Site
- You had better be able to Habla Espanol if you go here.
- Pete MaKay's Home Page
- Good siberian husky and mushing information.
- Aatuk Siberians
- Amarok's Siberian Huskies
- Le Village de Musher
- Fairbanks Junior Dog Mushers' Association, Inc.
- Lots of information for the Junior Musher.
- 7th Grade Outdoor Education Class
- Discussion of kids helping out racers in the area.
- Blake Freking's Kennel
- An Anadyr Siberian kennel making a run at the 2000 Iditarod.
- Mike's Pack
- Articlight Kennels
- French and English
- Windancer Siberians
- These guys are keeping an online journal on their viewing of the 2000 Iditarod.
- Belle Kennels
- Black Willow Kennels
- Curt Anderson's kennel in Idaho.
- Siberian Huskies en Francais
- A French site with Siberian Huskies. You need to parle Francais if you go here.
- Kaneq Malamutes
- All things skijoring. A must visit if skijoring is your sport.
- Allegro Siberians
- Helpful link resource to information on sled dogs and mushing information.
- Alaskan Musher
- A daily training journal of Iditarod 2001 by rookie G.B. Jones of Meadow
Lakes, Alaska. Contact email@example.com.
- www.helpsleddogs.org (The Sled Dog Action Coalition website)
- This is nothing but a thinly veiled animal rights (AR) organization bent on
killing the sport of sled dog racing. I have not provided a direct link, but should
you decide to visit their web site, do so secure in the knowledge that it is nothing more
than a classic AR campaign full of mis-information, lies, and exaggerations. Like most
such campaigns, the real interest is in how much trouble can be created and money raised by
making a big deal out of a cause as opposed to any real concern about the welfare of the
animals they claim to care so much about. They claim to only be interested in the
Iditarod, not recreational mushing or other smaller-scale races. Don't believe it. They
start with the Iditarod for visibility, then will move on from there. Just like how PETA
got started. So why include this information here? So that if you should stumble onto
this site, you at least have some idea what it is really all about.